Lead-DBS is an open-source, MATLAB-based toolbox to localize and visualize electrodes in patients treated with deep brain stimulation. Importantly, the toolbox is intended for research and not for clinical use. First, this user guide focuses on Lead-DBS and single patient analysis with co-registration, normalization and reconstruction. Second, the user guide covers group analyses with Lead-Group.
This user guide is intended to cover most use cases. It pairs well with the primer for postoperative CT data or postoperative MR data. It also goes well with the basic walkthrough video and a more recent walkthrough video (Lead-DBS v2.5 new tools). For troubleshooting or other questions, the Lead-DBS community offers great support on the Slack user channel.
- Linear and nonlinear normalization of MRI and CT images to MNI space
- Reconstruction of the electrode trajectories
- Manual correction of the electrode localization
- Visualization of results in 2D slice views
- Visualization of a 3D model showing DBS electrodes and their target areas
- Calculation of the Volume of Activated Tissue (VAT) and visualization of the structural connectivity from the VAT to other brain areas